Scholarship Program of the Federal Government 2022/2023 for Nigerian Students.
All you need to know about the Program, How to apply, Eligibility and Requirements.
The Federal Government, through the Ministry of Education, is offering a fantastic scholarship opportunity for Nigerian students. Nigerian Scholarship Awards are exclusively available to students enrolled in Nigerian Tertiary Institutions, such as those enrolled in Undergraduate, Postgraduate, NCE, and HND programs. The scholarship award is worth ₦150,000 for university students and ₦100,000 for NCE students.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE 2022/2023 NIGERIA FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME
SCHOLARSHIPS FOR UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS:
- All undergraduate degree applicants must have a minimum of five (5) distinctions (As and Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) in subjects relevant to their fields of study, including English Language and Mathematics.
- Certificates for non-African nations shall not be older than two (2) years, whereas certificates for African countries should be no older than one year (2020).
- The age range is 17 to 20 years old.
- All Postgraduate degree applicants must have a First Degree with a 1st Class or at least a 2nd Class Upper Division.
- Applicants who have previously received Foreign Awards must have at least two (2) years of post-qualification experience or work experience in Nigeria
- All applicants must have completed the N.Y.S.C. Program.
NOTE: The age limit for Masters applicants is 35 while that for Ph.D. is 40 years. Only discharge or exemption certifications from the New York State Police are acceptable, as well as evidence of preparedness to be released by an employer.
BENEFITS OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP
Tuition and lodging are the responsibility of the participating countries, while the Nigerian government is responsible for supplement, warm clothes, health insurance, research grants, and take-off.
STEPS TO APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP FROM THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT
To apply, go to the website below. https://fsbn.com.ng/scholarships
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMME
Candidates recommended by the Board must provide the following documents:
- Copies of academic certificates that have been authenticated.
- Current International Passport Data Page
- Medical reports from government hospitals with specific information.
- Number of National Identification (NIN).
- If necessary, 5 police clearance certificates
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
The Federal Government Scholarship Program application deadline is June 20, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
YOU SHOULD NOTE THAT THERE IS NO PROCESSING FEE TO BE PAID FOR THIS APPLICATION. BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS!
We wish you all good luck and hope you have fun in School Campus. You can also get all the Latest School News, Examination Past Questions and other Scholarships here on the blog to help ease your undergraduate life on campus.
If you have questions concerning Scholarship Program of the Federal Government 2022/2023 for Nigerian Students, kindly let us know via the comment section. Also, help share this information to your friends on all Social Media platforms using the share buttons below.