SHELL (SPDC) Joint Venture University Scholarship For Nigerian Undergraduates.
All you need to know about the Program, How to apply, Eligibility and Requirements.
This article is put together to give you every information you need to know about the Shell (SPDC) Joint Venture University scholarship program. Details on eligibility requirements, application process, and application deadline will be covered.
SHELL (SPDC) JOINT VENTURE UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP
The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) oversees robust scholarship programs which date as far back as the 1950s and have aided thousands of students, most especially those from their host communities. In furtherance of the company’s objective and to encourage academic excellence among young Nigerians especially those from the less-privileged background, Shell (SPDC) has made an invitation for applications from suitably qualified full-time Nigerian Students to apply for the Shell (SPDC) Joint Venture University scholarship awards.
Before you read any further, it is important to know that the application for this scholarship is entirely free of charge. There are no staff anywhere taking money to put anyone’s name on the list of beneficiaries, thus, on no grounds should you send money to anyone. Selection is completely based on academic performance.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR SHELL (SPDC) SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
- You must be a Nigerian undergraduate of any recognized tertiary institution in Nigeria.
- Must have 5 credit passes in WAEC, NECO or GCE.
- You must be in your 2nd year.
- CGPA of at least 2.5.
STEPS TO APPLY FOR SHELL (SPDC) SCHOLARSHIP
- All interested persons and applicants should have valid email accounts for the purpose of correspondence for this scholarship application.
- The applications must be done online, via the application website at: https://www.spdc-jv-scholarship.shell.com/
- Applicants going for the Areas of Operation Merit Award are required to provide the scanned copies of their letters of identification, stamped and endorsed by government-recognised officials such as;
- The paramount ruler/traditional head of the community; and
- The Chairman of the CDC or CEC (Community Development Committee or the Community Executive Council)
Letters are to be addressed to; The Manager Social Performance & Social Investment The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited Port Harcourt.
DOCUMENTS CHECKLIST FOR SHELL (SPDC) SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
- Original O’level results
- Jamb result and Admission letter
- Birth certificate
- Certificate of Origin
- Letter of recommendation or identification from your traditional ruler
Your original documents are to be scanned, and uploaded where required. After scanning them, go ahead and compress them into a file that should not exceed 200 KB and the images should be in JPEG format.
SHELL (SPDC) APPLICATION DEADLINE
The application deadline for this award has been slated for 25th September 2022. This means you have some months to get all your documents together and go ahead to apply, also… this leaves you with all the time in the world to prepare for the interview/screening phase.
WHAT’S THE NEXT STEP?
After you’ve completed the scholarship application process, you have to wait for your name to be shortlisted, then you proceed to the next phase which is the screening/interview which you have to prepare really extensively for.
We wish you all good luck and hope you have fun in School Campus. You can also get all the Latest School News, Examination Past Questions and other Scholarships here on the blog to help ease your undergraduate life on campus.
If you have questions concerning SHELL (SPDC) Joint Venture University Scholarship For Nigerian Undergraduates, kindly let us know via the comment section. Also, help share this information to your friends on all Social Media platforms using the share buttons below.